Student Success Team (SST) Meeting Role-Play Activity
Published on Oct 27, 2014
Left to Right: Laura Wetmore, Michael Eiben, Kristen Harke, Martin Zschoche, Justin Hannahs, Mark Rauscher
This SST meeting role play was recorded as part of EDSS 521 at Cal State San Marcos. We modeled several best practices:
1. Assign roles of facilitator, recorder and time-keeper.
3. Welcome the parents & student if in attendance.
4. Provide name badges for each person in attendance.
5. Explain the purpose of the SST meeting – Develop support strategies for student success.
6. Introduce team members and explain roles (e.g. facilitator, note taker, timekeeper, grade level representative consultant etc.).
10. Start by discussing the student’s strengths and use student’s strength for developing differentiation strategies.
11. Document the main points of the meeting on the SST Meeting Summary Sheet.