College Preparatory Mathematics (CPM)
Procedures & Expectations for Group Work
- Together, work to answer questions.
- Move on to the next question as a team. Do not leave anyone behind or work ahead.
- Your team is not finished until everyone is finished.
- Clear work space before getting to work so you can see everyone’s paper.
- Explain and give reasons.
- Ask questions and share ideas.
- Helping does not mean giving answers; help by sharing your thinking, giving hints, and asking good questions.
- Keep your conversations centered on math.
- Members of your team are your first resource.
- Discuss questions and issues with your team before asking the teacher.
- Smarter together than apart.